The Foster Care Experience
Children's Bureau provides many supports and services to our children and families. Each family and individual child is assigned a Children's Bureau Foster Care Case Manager (FCCM) who will visit with the family on a regular basis to ensure that their needs are met. FCCMs provide support in person during home visits or via phone, text or email. Home visits are provided based on the needs of the child and family as assessed by the Department of Child Services and the child's treatment team. Upon placement of the child, the FCCM will be available right away and can visit with your family in your home within 48 hours.
We provide 24/7 crisis intervention service because we know concerns don't just arise during business hours.
Children's Bureau employs specialized therapists who are extensively trained to work with foster and adoptive children and families. Therapists are trained in attachment-focused therapy, trauma-focused cognitive behavioral therapy, TheraPlay, individual and family counseling. Therapists work with the children, foster families, biological families, FCCMs and treatment teams to meet the individual needs of the child and family. Our counseling services empower children and families regardless of where they are on their journey. Psychiatric and medication management services are also offered.
AT A GLANCE:
- Management of foster family licenses
- Training provided at no cost to parents
- 24/7 placement referral for placing agencies
- Case management services to meet the individual needs of each child and family
- In-home visitation by professional staff
- Individual therapy (home-based or out-patient)
- Client Centered practices
- Supervised visitation
- 24 hour Emergency on-call & crisis intervention
- Staff caseloads maximized to address the individual service needs of the children/family
- Competitive per diem rates
- Paid respite offering up to 1 day each month (maximum accrual of 12 days annually).
- Funding available to reimburse for structured summer camps or activities
- Monetary assistance for holiday & birthday gifts
- Mileage reimbursement for treatment related transportation and family visitation
- Trauma-Informed Care training for foster families
- Psychiatric assessment and medication management available in our office
- Case representation at court & monthly reporting of progress to referral source