Father Engagement Services
This program engages fathers in individual and group services to improve safety, stability, well being, and permanency for their children who are involved in the child welfare system. Our primary goal is to increase a dad's role in the DCS case plan, increase contact with his children, and to strengthen the entire family.
What We Do:
- Individual case management
- Group educational sessions
- Education about the DCS process, legal rights and how to navigate the child welfare system
- Assist with supervised visits between the father and child
- Support fathers in Family Team Meetings
- Connect dads to vital community resources
- Serve as an advocate for the father
Who Can Use Fatherhood Engagement Services?
- Fathers of children & their families who have an Informal Adjustment (IA) with the Department of Child Services
- Fathers of children who have a CHINS or JD/JS status
Where Is This Program Offered?
Counties Served: Blackford, Delaware, Grant, Jay & Randolph
Download the Region 7 brochure
Counties Served: Clay, Parke, Sullivan, Vermillion, & Vigo
Download the Region 8 brochure
Counties Served: Boone, Hendricks, Montgomery, Morgan, & Putnam
Download the Region 9 brochure
Counties Served: Hamilton, Hancock, Madison, & Tipton