How to keep a sleeping child safe is crucial information for parents. The goal of this program is to decrease the number of infant deaths pertaining to unsafe sleep practices. Classes are offered once a month, and coverage includes:
- safe sleep principles for newborns and infants
- Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS)
- Shaken Baby Syndrome
- updated best practices for using cribs, pacifiers, sleep sacks and other baby items.
Participants receive an Infant Survival Kit which includes one pack-n-play, a wearable blanket, a pacifier and take-home recommendations.
To be eligible families must either:
- be identified by a community agency or other entity as being without the resources to provide a safe sleep environment for their child, or
- be identified by a community agency as being in need of educational resources about safe sleep principles.