This program identifies fathers and calls on them to reengage in their children’s lives and, in many cases, assume custodial care for them. Children’s Bureau case managers provide ongoing mentorship to dads who typically did not experience safety and stability during their childhoods. Eliminating the stress associated with “doing it on your own” offers these fathers the confidence to meet primary goals and establish permanence for their children.
What We Do:
- Individual case management
- Group educational sessions
- Education about the DCS process, legal rights and how to navigate the child welfare system
- Assist with supervised visits between the father and child
- Support fathers in Family Team Meetings
- Connect dads to vital community resources
- Serve as an advocate for the father
Who Can Use Fatherhood Engagement Services?
- Fathers of children & their families who have an Informal Adjustment (IA) with the Department of Child Services
- Fathers of children who have a CHINS (Child in Need of Services) or JD/JS status
Where Is This Program Offered?