Children’s Bureau can train your agency!
- safe sleep principles for newborns and infants
- Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS)
- Shaken Baby Syndrome
- updated best practices for using cribs, pacifiers, sleep sacks and other baby items.
- be identified by a community agency or other entity as being without the resources to provide a safe sleep environment for their child, or
- be identified by a community agency as being in need of educational resources about safe sleep principles.
Stewards of Children is a nationally recognized child sexual abuse prevention training created by Darkness to Light. This two-hour training will teach you to recognize the signs of sexual abuse and how to intervene and react responsibly. Schedule a training at your organization today or see our upcoming community events by clicking on the "Register Now" button.
Did you know?
- 1 in 10 children will be sexually abused by age 18.
- 1 in 5 children are solicited sexually on the internet.
- There are an estimated 39 million survivors of childhood sexual abuse in America today.
Contact Heather Wildrick-Holman at firstname.lastname@example.org or 317.870.3267 x605
For training in Spanish, contact Clara Contreras at email@example.com or 317.258.3110
Take CHANCES for Kids! is a three day curriculum designed to teach providers about serving families affected by Reactive Attachment Disorder (RAD). The goals of the CHANCES trainings are to equip professionals with tools that empower them to better understand what it takes for a child to attach.
Participants will take away knowledge and treatment strategies that you can put into practice immediately. You’ll learn about:
- Attachment theory, emotional regulation and the attachment cycle
- Assessment and intervention techniques for families
- Adult attachment and parenting styles
- Coordinating Attachment and Permanency (CAP) curriculum
*Learn more and register for Take CHANCES for Kids trainings at www.childrensbureau.eventbrite.com
TACTICS (Treating All Clients with Trauma-Informed Care Strategies) is a one day curriculum designed to teach providers about serving families affected by trauma, abuse and neglect.
Participants will learn about:
- The different types of trauma and effects of trauma exposure
- The meaning of the acronym "NEAR" as it pertains to trauma
- Identifying the relevance of the ACE Study
- The effects that trauma can have on the brain
- Identifying at least three ways to heal from trauma
TACTICS training is fee based for up to 30 participants and CEUs are offered.
Take Time for Kids: Trauma Informed Care Training is a three-day curriculum designed to teach providers about serving families affected by trauma, abuse and neglect.
Participants will learn:
- Assessment and intervention techniques for families affected by trauma
- Effects of trauma on brain development
- The four tenets of trauma informed care
- Avoiding secondary/vicarious trauma
- Creating trauma informed organizations and systems
*Learn more and register for Take Time for Kids trainings at www.childrensbureau.eventbrite.com
Please complete the form below to receive more information about registering for available trainings.